This is the moment to let your dream come true, real estate prices are still low in the South West of France, the growing economy makes it easier to start your business. The interest rate is at a historical low.
On the verge of the village of Sadillac, 5 km to the south of Château de Monbazillac, and the less famous, but more beautiful Château de Bridoire. The Château is only 15 km from Bergerac and the Dordogne river, superbly situated to explore the countryside, wine, food and history of South West France.
Our beautiful Château in the Dordogne, what venture capitalists call “lifestyle businesses” is now for sale
Close to Bergerac and Bordeaux airport for direct flights to the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK.
For sale a picturesque 14th-century Château standing over in a small Périgord village, tastefully renovated with 6 bedrooms on over 3.5 hectares of garden, trees, a meadow with the possibility for an irrigation pond. A heated swimming pool, sauna and staff/teenager/in-law accommodation add to the luxury of what could be an outstanding private residence or business opportunity only 15 minutes from the centre, airport of Bergerac and only 1.25 hours from Bordeaux.
Currently, the Château is rented out as profitable holiday accommodation. The Château can easily be converted into a private family home, holiday home, truffle orchard, vineyard, luxury B/B, hotel or an equestrian estate, are what venture capitalists call “lifestyle businesses”
Steeped in history, the building has been sympathetically renovated to make it a comfortable 21st century home.
The property is on three levels, comprising the house and tower, with the main entry at first floor into the large living room with stone fireplace etc. Imagination was used to convert the tower into incredible circular bathrooms.
The principal bedrooms on the first and second floors, but there is a separate large bedroom and shower-room on the ground floor with access from the terrace.
Possibility to convert the insulated attic space on the 3rd floor to provide an extra 75 m2 of living area or storage space.
There is a large and enclosed courtyard to the front of the Château, with garages, stables and a 3 room garden apartment.
· PROPERTY TYPE – Castle / Château / Estate / Manor.
· PROPERTY SIZE – 800 m².
· BEDROOMS – 9 (including the cottage).
· LIVING SPACE – 500 m².
· LAND SIZE – 35000 m².
· VIEW – Countryside / Vineyards.
· OUTSIDE – Private gardens, terraces, landscaped.
· SWIMMING POOL – Private 12 x 6 meters with a roman end/Solar heating.
PROPERTY LAYOUT DETAILS:
· KITCHEN 24m².
· BAR 18m².
· DINING ROOM 31m².
· BEDROOM ONE 20m².
· EN-SUITE 8m².
· STORE ROOM 24m² with walk-in cold room.
· SITTING ROOM ONE 41m².
· SITTING/DINING ROOM 26m².
· OFFICE 7m².
· KITCHEN TWO 12m².
· CORRIDOR 15m².
· BATHROOM 8m².
· BEDROOM TWO 20m².
· BEDROOM THREE 28m² With a mezzanine.
· EN-SUITE 7.5m².
· BEDROOM FOUR 13.5m².
· BEDROOM FIVE 17.5m².
· BEDROOM SIX 12m².
· CORRIDOR 5.2m².
· Guest loo/WC 3m².
· BATHROOM 14m².
· ATTIC insulated space (to convert) of 75m².
· BARN-STABLE 53m².
· COTTAGE/APARTMENT 43m² with three rooms.
· SWIMMING POOL 39′ 4” x 19′ 8” (12mx6m), heated with solar panels.
· SAUNA, Finnish with 3.5 kW heater.
· GARAGE 33m².
· LAND 33815m² with 230/400 volt 3 phase and irrigation system.
· EXTRA LAND is possible to purchase, agricultural land connected to our land, with building permission in Sadillac.